Why and how to get rid of useless apps?
Today there are so many amazing apps that… it is quite easy to get confused about which ones you really need. Unscrupulous developers are trying to make you download their software that not only brings you no good but also makes your device work less efficiently. What kinds of apps does it refer to? And how can one delete them?
Reasons to remove apps:
- To save storage space. Some apps are extremely heavy and your phone’s memory is not endless. So, you might find it useful to get rid of something you don’t really need so that you could have something you wish you had.
- To save data. If you don’t have Wi-Fi around you all the time, you might want to save mobile data, especially if your provider is kind of scrooge.
- To save battery. Some apps, especially the ones running in the background are really draining it. So, it would be nice not to have to charge your phone day and night.
- To keep your safety. Not all apps are innocent. Malware, bloatware, spying apps are all undermining your security. To sleep well at night, it is better to check your phone on whether you have those awful devil creations and sweep clean them.
- To keep your peace of mind. These days there are so many distractions that only damage our mental health. Some apps can be contributors to this process.
Types of apps you don’t need:
- Cleaning apps. Not only these apps consume your battery power but they also have those annoying ads that pop up all the time. It is easy to clear cash without such apps – just go to Settings, Storage, Cashed Data. There you’ll find out the easiest and most efficient way how to rid your phone of junk.
- RAM boosters or memory saving apps. You don’t need them because your OS – be it Android or iOS – is pretty much able to manage RAM usage without third-party apps. More than that, since such apps tend to run in the background, they are actually consuming more memory than saving.
- Battery savers. Same as with RAM boosters. The only way to save battery and extend working hours of your device is to get rid of everything you don’t need, especially background apps.
- Apps you don’t use. As simple as that. Some apps are quite hard to delete. These are your main enemies. Just read on.
Well, this is one of the ways how you can remove most of the apps you don’t use or need. The other way is to drag icons on your home screen to trash. It is easily done than said so don’t worry if you don’t understand it for now. Just try it!
Your two main enemies and how to deal with them:
- Manufacture’s bloatware. They really annoy you, don’t they? If you are determined to get rid of bloatware, you’ll need lots of patience. The only way to do it is by getting access to the developer’s mode. In other words, you’ll need to root your phone. If you don’t want to do it, you can at least try to force stop these apps.
- Social media apps. These are certainly not your friends! Why? First of all, they consume the biggest amount of data, memory, and battery altogether. Secondly, they distract you from the things in your life that really matter. If you are not ready to take such a big step as to delete these apps, at least push off the notifications.